August 15, 2011

I did it!!!!

WooHoo!! I did it! I ran the 14km City2Surf!!


It was a rainy morning but it didn't dampen the spirits of the 85,000 entrants I was surrounded by at the start line. I was pumped and when I crossed the start line I was so excited to finally be running in the official race after so many weeks of training.


I wish I could have had the energy and ability to take photos along the way because there is so many people in dress up, bands playing music on the side streets, little kids in their front yards waving to the crowd and generally lots and lots of people having fun!
Heartbreak Hill was tough but I got up it eventually and when I finally started the VERY welcome downhill home stretch into Bondi Beach I was rather proud of myself for getting there.
I finished the race in 1:32 and am pretty chuffed with that result as a first time entrant! I'll be back again next year to try and beat it though ;)

Most importantly I have to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone who was behind me for this run. Family, friends and so, so, so many of you gorgeous people (most of you I have never actually met face to face) who donated, sent well wishes, spread the word about why I was running and pushed me along the way - you all ROCK!!!!!
We managed to get our fundraising tally to $3708 for Felicity's Son-Rise Program so a HUGE *high 5* to all of you, THANK YOU!!!
Giggles

1 comment:

Red Letter Studio said...

awesome lovely!! we just donated via the 'donate' button on one of your earlier posts (I hope it worked ok!)

from the Cake Ink. girlies xx